Exhaust struggle!!

Energy One

Shawn collins

Does anyone have solid answer just what exhaust will fill my 2000 vintage sport? Bd book i have says interchange with flt but very few choices for tour bikes,question is will softail exhaust fit? Tried dyna pipes and frame too wide

Dakota

Shovelheadkicker & bigdogpartskingpin on Ebay.
Call Donna or email for any Big Dog parts or apparel you would need. We carry all OEM Big Dog parts and we have the largest selection of hats, jackets, shirts, ect. We take all credit cards and we try to give free shipping for all forum members! We are very proud to support this forum and all members!!!!
bigdogpartskingpin@yahoo.com
620-257-2009

firedog19

should be able to use softtail exhaust might have to fab a rear mount I have LA choppers 187s on my 04 ridgeback they fit fine I just had to make a small extension for the rear mount, just a flat piece of steet with two holes drilled in it.

liferider

Looking forward to retirement
On my 2003 chopper I used martin Brothers Mudusa's soft tail pipes and had to slightly modify rear bracket.

BigDogRick

Vance & Hines 2 into 1 are stock on the Vintage Classic. I recently contacted V&H and bought a replacement baffle insert for mine.

View media item 9126I used a set of Cobra 2-into-1 pipes, part #6425, and fabricated a custom bracket out of .250" stainless flatbar. Just looked at the mounting holes on the bracket that came with the pipes, used the hole pattern as a guide, and heated/bent the flatbar until it went where I needed it to go.

*edit: I was always unhappy about the baffle in this pipe, as it was very restrictive. I never even started the bike with the baffle in place, I pulled it out when I was putting the pipes on. Ran like a scalded dog, but loud as hell. I recently reinstalled the baffle to see what it would do, and found that every bit of torque I'd gained on the bottom end was pulled off the power I'd had on the top end...so I modified the baffle and reinserted it. Modification included completely removing the huge steel cone (easily done with a grinder) and drilling six 1/4" holes in the baffle tube's end cap. Also got rid of the fiberglass packing around the baffle tube. This provided a slight degree of backpressure, but wasn't nearly as restrictive. Has a lower exhaust tone at low RPM, sounds like a beast.

Last edited:
Shovelheadkicker & bigdogpartskingpin on Ebay.
Call Donna or email for any Big Dog parts or apparel you would need. We carry all OEM Big Dog parts and we have the largest selection of hats, jackets, shirts, ect. We take all credit cards and we try to give free shipping for all forum members! We are very proud to support this forum and all members!!!!
bigdogpartskingpin@yahoo.com
620-257-2009
You guys wouldn't happen to have a replacement rear fender for a 99 Vintage Sport, would you?