Electrical Problems

tcrowelljr

So no clicking when everything is plugged in, just when you hit the button?

If that's the case I would say the module is good and agree with your assessment on the PCB. But still odd the headlight isnt working and you said no power, I assume you put a meter on it and confirmed 0 volts?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
We did put the meter on the headlight and 0 volts. The only thing connecting all 3 circuits would be a ground.

tcrowelljr

Okay, it's been a while since I've worked on the bike. Sending the RH control board to Mr. Wright for testing. Brake light was staying on rather than not working. Also shipping RIP module off to Thunderheart for testing thanks to advice from Curtis at Wild Steed Worx. I will update everyone as I hear.

Also noticed the main ground for the battery was shorting on the positive. Will need to re-route the cable so it won't rub on the positive terminal...it may have friend the RIP module.

tcrowelljr

Thunderheart confirmed the headlight circuit on the RIP was dead. New internals for a little over $100.00 and should have the module back in a couple days. Bad brake light switch on the RH control. Hopefully everything will work when its back together.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Thunderheart confirmed the headlight circuit on the RIP was dead. New internals for a little over $100.00 and should have the module back in a couple days. Bad brake light switch on the RH control. Hopefully everything will work when its back together.
Check your wiring in the bucket and up the back bone something killed that circuit in the thunderheart unit.

Did they ask about that?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

tcrowelljr

We did. Found the ground to the RIP shorted on the battery. It was rubbing on the positive terminal. Plan to re-route the wires so this cannot happen again. The main circuit breaker had popped and we reset it. Not the smartest move without looking closer...

04bigdogridge

Did you buy a switch board where start button is right side my bike wont even turn starter over but has battery power new battery board or starter not sure

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

tcrowelljr

I sent my RH control board to Mr. Wright. The brake light switch was bad and he replaced it. I briefly hooked it all up yesterday and everything worked. Headlight circuit was blown in the RIP module ($141 for Thunderheart to fix) and I'm guessing the short on the brake light switch on the RH control board was preventing the starter button from working. You could have a bad board. I'd send it to Mr. Wright and he can test it. He repaired mine for $25.