EFI

BIG HOUSE

DOG ONA DOG
Calendar Participant
Got no probs with my efi start and go, new pipes start and go, cut baffels in half start and go:2thumbs:

bigdogbro2

Captain Cody
Calendar Participant
I have had no problems with mine.......And yes I would buy another one with EFI:2thumbs:

kcnjamie

As of right now, I would go with a carb just for the sheer amount of upgrades that are available. The S&S VFI that we have has almost no options as far as air cleaner mods go, and Big Dog has made the mapping proprietary so that no tuning can be done.

Nomad2day

Longhair Redneck Geek
As much as I believe in the EFI being a good fuel system, I would also pass on the Big Dog Motorcycle offer of the VFI system and go with a carburetor. I try to maintain a 07 EFI Bulldog. No upgrades available for our bikes and the service centers are not up to par for the repairs but have to go to the home office for all the details which amounts to downtime. If the dealers are going to sell the EFI bikes, BDM should make a mandate they are proficient in the systems and repairs of them. Something is inherently wrong with the fact, BDM has the key to your ECU when the bike is yours and they have no obligation to you. Want to build your motor, tough sh?t, we can't help you. Mapping is not problem and no we don't make maps for you. Should of bought a carb bike or buy another open module from someone else. Seems like there hands are tied on this one I know is the answer but other manufacturers seem to offer mapping relief.
I would trade mine for a carb system if BDM would start a "No question Trade in for a carb bike Policy".
The bikes are sweet looking but a Screaming Eagle Harley would be a good alternative for the cost in a EFI and available of quality repairs and modifications. Soon enough something will give when they "BDM" have enough EFI's on the street to fill all the shops with customers bikes. Perhaps then we first generation EFI owners will see some quirks from the company or wonder why we stood by them for so long. I think the fan base will pass on this one. For a 117ci and EFI, we seem to fall short. I am waiting for the summer to come on and see what is being the main complaint of the EFI bikes. I enjoy riding my bike year round as much as I can and hope to start running Raywood down in the amount of miles on my scoot, but I just don't know.
Neil in Tenn

Last edited:

chopper

I think I'll wait for the carb models to get in California. My dealer says 8/08 is the word. 2000 more for the EFI makes the wait a little more easy.

chopper

The dealer I go to said that the 2007 EFI bikes had a tank vent that had to be corrected. Has your bike had this done?

Nomad2day

Longhair Redneck Geek
Chopper,
Cannot say I have heard about that on the EFI bikes seeing how they have a fuel pump. I have read a lot of threads on carb bikes and the cap not venting.
Can you supply more info?
Thanks for the heads up..
Neil in Tenn

chopper

It's in the tank and when you fill the tank up the gas gets in the vent hole. He said if you have a lot of weld at the hole you will have the problem. They put some type of filter in and this cures it. He said if you need the repair the bike won't run correctly.

Nomad2day

Longhair Redneck Geek
The only hole I can think off that you are describing is this one. Is this it? Just has 2 crossover ports, fuel exit to intake and a drain plug besides this. Mine appears to be clear of weld, but the green crap inside looks like some kind of sealant they used inside. Wonder what the deal is on that...
Let me know if this is the hole and what it is doing exactly or venting if you can. Thanks for making me look..
Looks like the Incredible Hulk pissed in my tank....

Neil in Tenn

chopper

If you call Santa Rosa Vee Twin Paul can explain it to you. I just ride them and they take good care of my bikes. 707-523 9696