Dropping the Dog off to Dead One in VA

Black Rider

Guess I adjusted my EFM out of reach. It barely pulls now. I hear Deadonecustoms in VA is good. Hopefully Jeff does me right!!!
He is the Second Jeff I am trying in a year.
The first Jeff in Fredricksburg Va (Done Right Motorcycles) did me absolutely wrong and does not return calls. I think I paid an arm and a leg for him to put me in danger. Peg came off on my first ride (not cool). I asked him to lock tight it all down. I could not find any lock tight on the screws. Done Right done done me wrong.

Dead One I hope is the one mechanic for my dog!:flag:

bigdogtech01

What are you having done?
I would never take my bike to a guy that became rich from a unjust lawsuit with BDM :angry:

Black Rider

What are you having done?
I would never take my bike to a guy that became rich from a unjust lawsuit with BDM :angry:
I am new to the area and Jeff was highly recommended. I moved here from Europe and I have to find a good mechanic that I can trust my life and motorcycle too. I tried one harley mechanic in Fredricksburg and he did not do me right. It was pretty disappointing because he is like a nice guy. I just do not like the job he did and I feel he put me in danger. I respect your views of Dead One, but I do not know what happened in the case with BDM. I can not really comment on that. My quest is to find me a mechanic that knows bigdogs and is willing to fix my dog right. My current problem is I had a lot of work done by the Harley mechanic and I lost a peg on the first ride. I am not sure he correctly lock tight everything like I asked him to. My EFM auto clutch started slipping and would not go into neutral so I tried to adjust it in accordance to a how too from this site. I got it completely out of wack. I think I know where I went wrong, but I need the whole bike checked out so thats why I am taking it to Dead One Customs. He is the closest I know of and he was recommended by this forum as someone I can trust to get the job done right.

Black Rider

Thank you kindly. I am only looking for a good mechanic. He seems genuine to me. His business outside of fixing my dog is not mine!. I just want to be able to go to my garage, get on my dog, and safely ride. Thanks again Z4racer.

gabe

I don't know Dead One or the story, but I know there are folks on this site that have helped me out tremendously. I always appreciate their advice and input. I can say I have gotten parts from Andrew, WSW, and DLX and have received spectacular service.

Sorry I know that doesn't help with the local mechanic issue.

woodbutcher

Mr. Old Fart member #145
Staff member
not trying to stop freedom of expression, not by any means, but i think it's time to show the fact that we are the better of the two sites. i am sure that we are being torn a new one over there, so let's just leave it at that. if going to DOC is your best option, by all means, go there. i am sure he will do you a good job. but i am saying that i would go to andrew. :cheers:

bigdogtech01

not trying to stop freedom of expression, not by any means, but i think it's time to show the fact that we are the better of the two sites. i am sure that we are being torn a new one over there, so let's just leave it at that. if going to DOC is your best option, by all means, go there. i am sure he will do you a good job. but i am saying that i would go to andrew. :cheers:
Sorry Tom for opening up the can...Just pisses me off to hear that we have some guys on hear that act one way, then run to the other site and act another.

woodbutcher

Mr. Old Fart member #145
Staff member
Sorry Tom for opening up the can...Just pisses me off to hear that we have some guys on hear that act one way, then run to the other site and act another.
nah, it's ok andrew, we all knew that this would happen sooner or later and so far, it has been civil; and i thank everyone for their restraint. for those who don't know, there are things in the past that did not go well between dead and BDB, so he was asked to leave, and that's all about that.

woodbutcher

Mr. Old Fart member #145
Staff member
So "The truth must come out" What have you posted in this thread that YOU know you be truth, not rumor or speculation? Just trying to educate myself.
z4racer, please don't try to get a pissing match going. we know you are a member over on the other site and have been since about the same time you joined here. you are more than welcome to stay here or go there, or hell, do both, but don't try to get shit started. enuf said.

z4racer

And I enjoy BOTH sites, this one is more active by far. Not trying to start a pissing contest as I am not that kind of guy. Rumors serve no purpose for anyone.

bigdogtech01

i'm sorry andrew, but i had to.
I'm gonna have to kick your ass now Tom :roll: Just kidding.
It's ok, I sent him a PM, :lol:
It's late, I need to get to bed before I say something else I shouldn't say. This week has got me all twisted up, with my sister back in the hospital, makes me want to find a deep hole for her husband!! :angry:

woodbutcher

Mr. Old Fart member #145
Staff member
sorry to hear about your sister again, andrew. maybe you should give her husband a all expenses paid vacation to the swamps of louisiana. i hear some people like them so much they never go home.

Black Rider

Guys, I am really sorry my post stirred up this firestorm. I do not know the in's and out's of what happened other then what I have read here in this post. I do not want problems with anyone. I enjoy the support this forum has provided especially when I was stationed in Europe. You all were so helpful and I appreciate that. I try to support VENDORS on this site before going anywhere else. Please understand that I am just trying to find the closest mechanic available for my Dog that knows the in's and out's of the Dog. I tried somewhere else and it did not work out so I moved on. I need to be able to get on my dog and know at least screws are not going to fall out within the first 150 miles. I hope you guys can find a common medium and work from there. Spring is upon us. Time to ride. Thanks again for all your support.

woodbutcher

Mr. Old Fart member #145
Staff member
as said before, something like this is inevitable. i'm sorry it happened on your post also, wish it didn't ever have to happen. but, it has happened before and more than likely it will happen again, so DO NOT beat yourself up about it. that being said, no matter who you decide to take the skoot to, i hope they do you a most excellent job and give it back to you completely trouble free. riding time is too precious to loose out because you feel unsure of your ride. i think DOC will do you a good job.

tom