Deadbeat client owes money

airbrush-ed

kustompaintbyed.com
I've never bitched about anything on this forum, so please excuse my little rant.
I did a paint job for Boydog (a member here), and he is screwing me out of my payment. I shipped out the last of his parts on May 4. I expressed my being uncomfortable with shipping without confirming final payment. He assured me it would be no problem, and promised total payment on May 8. Mind you, he called and texted me everyday up until I shipped. But afterward he would not return calls, texts, facebook messages, or anything. Only to say he was at bikeweek, and would "call when he could hear." I've never in my 15 years or so had this much trouble getting paid for my work. I've called his ass out on FB as well, hoping he'd Man up and pay for the work. His payment is as of now 23 days late. My lawyer has suggested I add $35 per day to the bill for the trouble. So it's getting up there quick. I've turned the whole thing over to him. So we'll see what happens... I'll try to post up some pics of the bike. So if anyone sees this dude riding around the Atlanta area, tell him what a jerk he is!

Chopper Dave

SIICK!!!
sorry to hear that shit Ed! :angry: hope he mans up and takes care of his payment! as JJ would say..."Pay Up Sucka!"

shamrock

Sorry to hear you have a customer that bugs you to death about getting the work done for him, then does not uphold his end of the deal when the work is completed. Remember when a man's word was all that was needed? There are still people whose word is money in the bank. Too bad this customer is not one of them. Good luck.

Brew

Troop Supporter
Ed good to see you and sorry it's under such sucky circumstances. I too hope he owns up and pays ya what's owed. Good luck...

liferider

Looking forward to retirement
Put a labor and material Lien on the Dog! That's very legal and he will not be able to sell the bike till the dept is paid. I have actually done this before! Your layer can do the Dept of Motor vehicle work and get the vin#

Ghostflame

:job::job::job: That sucks Ed that its had to come to that. He hasn't posted anything on here in over 3 months. :rolleyes:
I hope you get some resolution to this situation soon. That ain't right. :loony: Its kinda BULLSHIT. Just sayin'

seatmaker

Thanks for the heads up, he may want a seat someday to match. Never had a problem yet knock on wood. Good Luck

woodbutcher

Mr. Old Fart member #145
Staff member
thinkin' back it seems he tends to buy and sell a lot. may not even have the bike now. good luck with the collection Ed.

airbrush-ed

kustompaintbyed.com
He's got a big bear, and an hd. Bike I did wasn't his, but one of his buddies'. But he was the middle man. He'd never let me talk directly to the owner. He played that "I'll get you all this work from my club" card. "You never seen a set like us" and "you'll be turning work away". He said he had all these good clients he was gonna hook me up... but you gotta give me a good deal on my bike...
I saw all the signs as they were unfolding. He played me.
But I can at least warn others not to do business with him.

ChoppaNoob

That's f*cked up. That's why it sucks to be a good guy in this world. There's always some asshole that ruins it.

Most folks would have kept his sh*t until payment was made. If he didnt make payment, then pawn it off on ebay.

Fibersnake

Banjo Playing PsychoBilly
Isn't he one of the member of the Iron Breed. If so maybe send them a line to see if they know anything since he said it was for one oif his club brothers. Probably will do no good, but hey if he is and has no legit excuse, maybe the club will at least take some action to help insure that he meets his debts or if nothing else think aobut his representation.

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
"C.O.D." Sorry for your loss. I was just on the other end of the stick with a set of PM wheels tires rotors and a pulley that took almost 5 months to receive. I could have understood if I was getting one off stuff. Get it all up front or at least cover your ass. Most people will pay up, then you get this 1or 2 percent that ruins it for everybody else. As good as this forum is, the dickheads still will slip in. Hope you get your money.

TimNY

Ed
That sucks.
In the future.Nothing leaves your shop till payment
is made in full.
Your too nice a guy, you trusted him.
Really sucks that it went threw the BDB site.
Evryone I had contact with here stood by their word.
Good luck getting payment. Keep us informed.

coachk

definitely a scum bag...

boydog
Member 02-26-2009 326 last visit> 05-30-2012

How much does he owe you?

Oscar Maldonado

Guru
Calendar Participant
Hopefully you get this resolved quickly Ed. That right there is fucked up!:down: Amazing how people are these days.:angry:

BWG56 - Its guys like this that ruin it for the honest people
You are absolutely 1000% correct!