Brand New BDM Bagger

Jwooky

Ok, just FYI, Protune can be downloaded from S&S website as well as other maps, and the cable is either a mini USB or serial cable depending which version you have, both can be found at any computer store.

Viking

Biker
Ok, just FYI, Protune can be downloaded from S&S website as well as other maps, and the cable is either a mini USB or serial cable depending which version you have, both can be found at any computer store.
Mine is a regular USB cable coming out of underneath the seat, or am I looking at the wrong cable?

Jwooky

No, that's the EHC cable.

Look for the EFI module, black box right next to the battery.

There are two tiny allen head screws holding a cover. Remove it and it will expose the data port.

ksmike

Don't start hacking on the wiring, it is probably something simpler than that. It could be a fuel pressure issue. It could be the fuel pump or some dried up seals in pump that wont let it build pressure. The pro-tune is a good place to start. I dont think the EHC will give you this problem...the S&S ECM might. I have a spare ECM that you could try if you want to go there. Welcome to the Bagger Club. :whoop:

Viking

Biker
Don't start hacking on the wiring, it is probably something simpler than that. It could be a fuel pressure issue. It could be the fuel pump or some dried up seals in pump that wont let it build pressure. The pro-tune is a good place to start. I dont think the EHC will give you this problem...the S&S ECM might. I have a spare ECM that you could try if you want to go there. Welcome to the Bagger Club. :whoop:

Great, I might take you up on that or just buy a spare myself. Got the software downloaded today. Surface 2 - No luck, Surface 3 - no luck, Wife's old Toshiba - success. Only to find out that it and the bike has a serial cable and I have none. Oh well, I'll get back at it tomorrow after a trip to town to get one. Foot control extension is shipped and will be here in a few days. Touring seat is landed, sissy bar is landed, still working on the luggage rack but great progress was made. Any idea what model handlebar will raise the baggers handlebar an inch or two? It is too low as is, and actually make your hands sit below the protection of the fairing. Crazy stuff that crazy idiots like me notice after thousands of miles of touring....

Viking

Biker
Say it ain't so! They are nice bikes and she would good even on the spider thing that guy from chocolate town has.
No worries, she doesn't like them. I loved it for touring and did put some miles on that thing.... Now she refuses to ride anything but a BDM so I am slowly but surely building a BDM touring bike out of the new bagger. Trailering is for _______.....