Bike won't start

jason1984

Bike will turn over but won't start. When I try to start it sound as if there is a squeak or chirp coming from the carbs. Stranded any help ASAP would be great. If I put staring fluid in carb it fires up for a second.

jason1984

What's the petcock? And does anyone know how my carbs are supposed to be dialed in? It's def a carb issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
What's the petcock? And does anyone know how my carbs are supposed to be dialed in? It's def a carb issue

Left side under the tank
It's what you use to turn fuel on and off. One carb right behind the breather. Post some pictures.

Iman

Is the air cleaner filter clogged?? Happened to me . when I oiled my filter for some reason it just clogged it up and didn't let any air in

Hirter6Pack

Not Quite A Guru
No won't run gonna take it in

Sorry, but I'd do the basics first. See if you can see fuel squirting in from the carburetor when you twist the throttle. If not look for a blockage and make sure your air filter is clean. If so make sure you get a good spark maybe change the spark plugs. If you walk into a shop and tell them I don't have a clue what's wrong with it be prepared to spend a lot of money. It sounded like you were just not getting enough fuel. Don't forget to charge the battery

jason1984

I have charged bat. New plugs. Fuel coming into carb air filter clean. Kinda starts when putting hand over carb and giving full throttle. But now my throttle won't go all the way