Bigdog had another lay-off today

Energy One

Marco Polo

Newbie DELUXE
I'd take a 111" "square", balanced, rubber mounted engine over a 117" unbalanced, solid mount any day of the week and twice on Sunday (as they say). A "square" balanced engine will always deliver a stronger, smoother, more consistent power and torque performance curve than an unbalanced engine, which equates to stronger pull and smoother ride! :cheers::whoop::2thumbs: I wish Big Dog offered the Bagger's 111" set-up on ALL their models! :yesnod:
Or you could just go big AND go square. :D:flag::whoop:

I have had my BD for 7 years .... bought it 2 years old with a 3 year warranty. BD stood by my bike through a bad main seal on the S&S (paid for a re-build), manufacture's recall on the rear spoked wheel when it went untrue, a host of minor issues and a cracked frame almost two years past warranty (paid for all labor to transfer parts to a new frame). In the meantime I got to cross the country on it five times while they made seemingly huge issues so small they were only an inconvenience. BD invested in our market and confidence and it will be a crime if they go under. If they do, I will restore my old Vintage and show it off for as long as my equilibrium lets me ride.

Marco Polo

Newbie DELUXE
BD stood by my bike through a bad main seal on the S&S (paid for a re-build), manufacture's recall on the rear spoked wheel when it went untrue, a host of minor issues and a cracked frame almost two years past warranty (paid for all labor to transfer parts to a new frame). In the meantime I got to cross the country on it five times while they made seemingly huge issues so small they were only an inconvenience.
Stories I heard and post like this are exactly why I bought my Big Dog over a BBC. I'm hoping I get to enjoy the same kind of support if anything big ever goes wrong on mine as well. So far it's been the dealers that have made my experience less then desireable, not BDM.

BD paid for it but Mike Alexander at Southwest V-Twin in Grandville, MI was the guy who made it happen. He is out of business now, too..another good guy bites the dust...

Last edited:

Husker-Wolf

I'm doing my part to help out; just rode my Wolf home and it was a great 70 mile ride. The dealer in Omaha says they have sold 5 BD's this week and things seem to be looking up for now. That could always change or it could just be a pre-sturgis surge in sales. Oh yea, first post. Hello everyone!

Biker Babe

Queen Bee
Calendar Participant
I'm doing my part to help out; just rode my Wolf home and it was a great 70 mile ride. The dealer in Omaha says they have sold 5 BD's this week and things seem to be looking up for now. That could always change or it could just be a pre-sturgis surge in sales. Oh yea, first post. Hello everyone!
Congrats and Welcome!:cheers:
Post in the introduction section so everyone can meet you!:2thumbs:

C

chaingunner

Welcome
Shoulda put this in the INTRO area..... :2thumbs: Do and intro tell us some shit about ya, and people will be more receptive, sorta like barging in on a conversation with out one....:2thumbs:

Marco Polo

Newbie DELUXE
And don't forget pics when you do your intro or you'll get plenty of these... :worthless: and maybe some of these... :job::job: (no, not the actual handjob, just the icon). Congrats on the new Wolf, so now there's THREE of us! :whoop:

KnotSo

Admin
Staff member
Having spent some time putting the Wolf thru it's paces and eclipsing the 100mph mark :whoop::D, I applaud all those that own the Wolf, a seriously fun scoot to ride. And yes, it performed flawlessly on the interstate as well as being seriously fun to ride around town.

Good choce guys! :2thumbs:

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Having spent some time putting the Wolf thru it's paces and eclipsing the 100mph mark :whoop::D, I applaud all those that own the Wolf, a seriously fun scoot to ride. And yes, it performed flawlessly on the interstate as well as being seriously fun to ride around town.

Good choce guys! :2thumbs:
Oh, you were just having some fun!!!

I think you looked better on the Bulldog though. :D You look like you could do a thousand miles a day! :roll: (I took this picture will riding the Wolf)!

KnotSo

Admin
Staff member
The bagger needed an extension on the forward controls and Ridgeback handlebars, and with that ultra comfortable mustang seat, a thousand miles a day for a week in the rain would be an easy day.

The bagger with it's "lil" 111ci felt like it had more go power in an instant next to the larger X wedge. Power was like a built small block compared to a built big block.

That 'sheild is not gonna help in the rain I know we would be in shortly

The Wolf was just plain fun to ride :2thumbs:

Those two bikes will sell well after the inital sticker shock wears off. :2thumbs:

Last edited:

Marco Polo

Newbie DELUXE
Yeah, that's why I was wondering. Did he tell you how the rev limiter works now on those? It's multi-stage over time instead of most where it either cuts or doesn't. For instance when it's brand new with 0 hours it starts to miss one in every 4 or 6 fires or something like that at something like 3,000rpm even. You wouldn't even know you're being affected by the limiter at first in other words. If you keep pushing the rpms, of course, it continues to increase up until it's missing every other time. I doubt you were shooting to hit 5k rpm but if you were testing it's performance and it wasn't broken in I wonder if it was at full potential yet. I followed the rpm chart for breakin to keep away from the limiter but even still I've now noticed that it performs better then when it was new. Just figured I'd update you on that since that wasn't the case when you originally asked me how it was doing.