Big Dog Paint Codes "database"

Energy One

woodbutcher

Mr. Old Fart member #145
Staff member
Hey do you have the paint code off my blue 07 k9? Just curious

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
Now, why would i have the code for your blue when mine is Black Cherry Kandy????? sorry, Eric, but i do not. Good luck on getting it. Hope all is going well for you, not too many days left til you can walk through a metal detector again.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Now, why would i have the code for your blue when mine is Black Cherry Kandy????? sorry, Eric, but i do not. Good luck on getting it. Hope all is going well for you, not too many days left til you can walk through a metal detector again.
Haha...i thought maybe you had the codes in your notes! Hell it was worth the ask!

I know we've had a few posts going way back on codes, I don't recall seeing the blue I have and Matt did mention to me it was rare blue without any graphics.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Tweety74

Shimmering Shamrock

Base Coat Weight
DMD1690 405.7
DMD1610 507.2

Top Coat Weight
DMX217 44.4
VM4101 53.3
DBC500 497.1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SKOGDOG

One of the old ones.
Funny--maybe it's just the camera, but Matt told me that my 2010 Bagger is Bright Kandy Red, and it doesn't appear to be the same color as Tapio's bike...I wonder if they used the same names for colors across years or something.
I know the old Harley Sportster Scarlet was not the same as the Scarlet on my 2010 Street Glide.
Maybe we do need to do a 'group buy' on the paint codes book if no one has them.image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

SKOGDOG

One of the old ones.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
I got message in now for what yrs it covers got him down to $85 free ship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I also asked about the applicable years and got this reply:

Hi Rick, thanks for your message to me. There are 2 books in this listing that you will receive that were "eyes only" exclusively for Big Dog dealers. One book is a 2009 Graphic Options that shows every paint, pinstripe, flame, tribal, flags, scallops, and graphic option that was available to customers. It is 53 pages that shows MSRP and dealer pricing for each type of graphic design. The other book is a 3 ring binder of printed sheets and paint codes. There are 43 different paint codes in the second book, they are not year/model specific. They all have different names associated with the paint codes. Using these two books combined allows you to choose any pattern and color for your custom needs. Ok, let me know if you have any other questions for me. Thank you, -Matt

What do you guys think?

Mike manson

I took pic my bike and sent to him this morning gonna see if mine is listed just to see

SKOGDOG

One of the old ones.
Yes it sold. Fortunately, to me.
Look for more info in a week or so when it arrives. Seller states there are 43 paint codes in the loose leaf book. From the eBay pics he posted, the information on mixing, etc. looks very exact---if--your color is among the 43 listed. Unhappily there seems to be some confusion (above) about paint color labels.
There might not be as much interest in the different paint design options in the other book.
I'm hoping some members will have more information about this to help us determine what's what....

Brandon Downey

I am interested in both the paint codes and the design/graphics book. I love details. I don't see a maroon bike ride by, I see a Black Cherry Candy bike go by lol. Yeah I nerd out on stuff like that haha!

Mike manson

Yea I can tell you I have had other bikes in the past but the group of people on this forum make having a bigdog special just a great group of people

Mike manson

He bought the book but unless you no the name of your paint he wasn’t able to give me the code

SKOGDOG

One of the old ones.
Yes, I have the book. I was disappointed to see that it was simply xeroxed pages of 43 different paint codes. No way to track model, year, etc. And the bummer is that you have to know the exact correct name of your bikes paint color to get the correct code. There is no index--just the color name followed by the 'recipe' for that paint job.
Matt Moore looked at mine and said it was Brite Kandy Red, but it doesn't appear to be the same as other bikes called that same color. Could be the camera, or lighting making a difference, too. Check earlier pics in this post.
I would be happy to share any of this info with anyone who has the correct name of their paint color. Be aware not all colors are listed in this book.
The second book lists the paint design options and costs. Lots of them.

roadie1389

Well that's crappy..... Does it list these yellows:

Frost Yellow DT-137
Chrome Yellow BD-1134
YELLA GPF-BD-1306

Thanks

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
Yes, I have the book. I was disappointed to see that it was simply xeroxed pages of 43 different paint codes. No way to track model, year, etc. And the bummer is that you have to know the exact correct name of your bikes paint color to get the correct code. There is no index--just the color name followed by the 'recipe' for that paint job.
Matt Moore looked at mine and said it was Brite Kandy Red, but it doesn't appear to be the same as other bikes called that same color. Could be the camera, or lighting making a difference, too. Check earlier pics in this post.
I would be happy to share any of this info with anyone who has the correct name of their paint color. Be aware not all colors are listed in this book.
The second book lists the paint design options and costs. Lots of them.
It may be Bright candy red, with a differant base color under it.
I would really like to see that book.