BD Still Producing?

vej

Is Big Dog still open? I called them several times but never got an answer. Their website doesn’t show any new bikes being made, and few being sold. I don’t see a dealer network been opened yet. They still aren’t producing the new mastiff‘s and other models. I’m really hoping people start buying bikes again, and this company goes on to thrive more. Especially with the latest news of Harley closing down the Kansas factory.

njbiker20088

Is Big Dog still open? I called them several times but never got an answer. Their website doesn’t show any new bikes being made, and few being sold. I don’t see a dealer network been opened yet. They still aren’t producing the new mastiff‘s and other models. I’m really hoping people start buying bikes again, and this company goes on to thrive more. Especially with the latest news of Harley closing down the Kansas factory.
If you go to a show all you see is guys 40 and older bikes are dying. At stugis all you see is us old men sad but true kids just do not care about bikes i have two boys and they do not even like bikes may look at them but that is all.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
I believe the one mastiff they built still hasn't sold but they been selling a bunch of k9's. They sold 17 dogs in 2016 and more in 2017 they want to stay small.

They do have a small network of dealers, Dream Machines in Dallas is probably their largest.

They will probably build you a mastiff if you want one but since the one in Dallas has been there for almost 2 years can't really blame them. The pic of the mastiff is on their site?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/112825238774

It's a small 3-4 man shop, if you sent them an email on their website saying you were interested in buying one I'd bet you'd get a call back pretty quick!

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

rtr0707

A few months back I saw a Big Dog booth at a show in Tulsa. Sorry but I can't remember which show. They had a couple of new 2016 or 17 K9's there. I am a BabyBoomer as well but my wife is in her mid 40's and she rides an 2009 Orange K9. A couple weeks ago I had an offer from a businessman I know in Tulsa to detail her bike if we would let him enter it in the Darryl Starbird Rod and Custom show in Tulsa to promote his detailing business. It is a big event at the Expo Center (where they have the Chili Bowl). He did it and the bike won Best Chopper and Outstanding Motorcycle, two first places. Admittedly there are a lot more cars than bikes there but I mention this because I hope it is a sign that people are starting to appreciate choppers again! If I can figure out how to get pics on here I will post some. I think I need a Millennial friend to get that done. Thanks for all your posts. Great site!