Anyone extend their fwd controls 2'?

Energy One

lee

I'm thinking of extending mine but I'm simply going to get some mounting brackets made up - probably need a shift linkage made up too - that way you can choose exactly how far you want to move them and keep the stock controls

skully

Calendar Participant
to insure the fit on the dog, i think you are better off use the BD parts. not all parts inchange just because it says softtail. besides, there are no fitment problems using BD parts and no extra parts to buy.

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Won't say you can't do it but you can't do it cleanly. On the shifter side the whole BD piece is replaced not just a flat bracket behind it. On the brake side there is a plate behind the master cylinder unit that gets replaced with the extended kit. I've had the extended kit since I got the bike and it's way more comfortable for you long legged SOB's. :D

This is all of the pieces on the shift side. No plates to replace like the JBrake unit.

And this is the brake side and behind the master cylinder is a plate but it's specific to BD.

You could use the JBrake stuff that is a great product but you would have to replace about everything involved in the controls.

Later,
Ray

jwoolf

I wish there was a way to pull the controls back a bit. I don't have trouble reaching or anything but, I'm trying to change the riding position of the bike some. ( Hell, I'd go for mid controls with apes if I had that option )

Oscar Maldonado

Guru
Calendar Participant
You can probably get that seat off the the new Ridgeback if you need a little more.:lol: :lol: :lol:

What's that got - 8" pushing you forward?:lol:

StPeteChopr

Hey Mario77746, I have a set of control extensions that I removed from my bike. 2004 Chopper, purchased with 485 miles on it and had the original controls re-installed. The pieces are in excellant condition.. if interested, I'll try and get a part number from them to see if they'd fit your bike..

Salty Dawg

Extended my 02 pitbull with a thunderheart bracket. Got an extra 2" and they still look stock. Best part was only cost 75.00 for the new brackets polished.

WB Cycles

I have the 2.5" extensions and actually would like to move them up another 1-2" on mine. Swapping out the bars first though and will see how I like them. May be able to actually manufacturer some 3 or 4 inch plates if there is enough interest in that.

Mario77746

Hey Mario77746, I have a set of control extensions that I removed from my bike. 2004 Chopper, purchased with 485 miles on it and had the original controls re-installed. The pieces are in excellant condition.. if interested, I'll try and get a part number from them to see if they'd fit your bike..
Definitely interested. I didn't know BD made these. Are they chrome or polish? How big are the extensions? Feel free to pm or e-mail me.

Thanks.

Rick

Anyone in CO with a K-9 with BDM forward controls installed on it? I would liek to siton one with forward controls to see if I like them. I'm 6'1" with a 36 inseam and I just don't know if the additional leagth will leave my knee bending wierd. How tall are all you forward control guys?