Any way of securing pillion so it doesn't blow off?

gotplz2

New Owner
I just lost my suction cup pillion seat down the road somewhere and it's going to be expensive to get another one. Has anyone come up with a good way to attach it to bike so it doesn't ever blow away? I've thought about sewing a piece of material between it and the drivers seat.

CHOPPED

KIFFMC
I wedge mine between the sissy bar and the rider seat. That seems to work well. You could also fasten a small piece of material or cord from the bottom of the rider seat to the bottom of the passenger seat. Unless the wife is with me, the passenger seat stays in the garage.

gotplz2

New Owner
I wedge mine between the sissy bar and the rider seat. That seems to work well. You could also fasten a small piece of material or cord from the bottom of the rider seat to the bottom of the passenger seat. Unless the wife is with me, the passenger seat stays in the garage.
I don't have a sissy bar. I'm thinking of using material just to sew them together is the way to go.

Get some good looking gal to sit on it!!!!!
Thats how I lost mine. Dropped one off at night and the pillion didn't stay on the rest of the way home.

Five Five

yeah many have lost there p-pads ... I leave mine at home and if i'm dropping off a passenger i will take it off and bungee it to my tool roll or stuff it in my jacket.

1BADK9

Limited Edition Member
The few times I rode mine with the pad on and the passenger off, I slid my ass back a bit so the edge of the pillion pad was touching my ass. That way I could tell it was on. :up:

Wanna talk about a bitch, a buddy of mine picked up his brand new pad from the shop and got home and had already lost it on the ride home. :down:

scubaman15

I use monofilament fishing line as a fail safe just tie between the suction cups ,use 25 lb or more . it works and is invisible and wont harm your paint!

Splitlog

I use a inflatable one. Have it rolled up small until I need it. Js
Just blow it up when I need it. Rubber on bottom no suction cups.

New Boots

Human
I was named Kennybob by a man I greatly admired whom is dead now; it just reminded me too often of him. Even today at the bank they still call me Kennybob (his wife worked there) She was Brendabob

1BADK9

Limited Edition Member
well there ya are, new pad courtesy of a cool member, and a clever idea of how to hold on to it. Don't ya just love this place.