An Elliptical Venturi designed for Quick Throttle Response

Energy One

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
JIMS Throttle Bodies feature an Elliptical intake track, producing maximum horsepower and torque numbers throughout the entire RPM range. The “Elliptical Curve” starts at the air box and continues thru the Elliptical Throttle Body into the intake manifold. JIMS Ellipse 58mm Throttle Bodies have outstanding performance when installed on all EFI 2006 thru 2008 throttle cable style motorcycles. They are compatible with all O.E.M. electrical components (i.e. throttle position sensors, air control motors, fuel injector assemblies, etc...).
Not compatible with electric throttle cable style motorcycles installed on some 2008 models. The manifold is also wider to fit most taller engines. Use on all 100” to 131” Twin Cam® motorcycles. Throttle Body Kits are sold either with or without electronic components, MAP sensor, Fuel Rails, and Injectors.

Nomad2day

Longhair Redneck Geek
Good post Ray...
I wonder what kind of back plate they have with the throttle body for the air cleaner for clearance. I had a 60mm installed but it did not work out due to clearance issue for the leg.

I am always open to some improvements in fuel and air delivery......:flag:
I wonder if they are designed for the The Magneti-Marelli system used on our big EVO motor. The type of connectors used on the two system vary greatly.
Below copied from Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Fuel Injection Explained
EFI systems that sense engine load by the use of the throttle or TPS (throttle position sensor) are referred to as an Alpha-N system. EFI systems that sense engine load by the use of a MAP sensor are referred to as a Speed-Density system. Harley-Davidson has used both types of EFI systems on its vehicles. While many of the sensors can be the same in both types of EFI systems, there is a significant difference in the way that each system determines what the load on the engine actually is. The Magneti-Marelli system used on EVO and Twin Cam FLH's until 2001 and Buell XL engines is an Alpha-N EFI system. On these bikes, load sensing is determined by the throttle position. The newer Delphi EFI system used on current Twin Cam engines is a Speed Density system. Speed Density EFI systems determine the engine load based on the intake manifold vacuum.

I need a bigger tank and then some more air to suck in the system to blow out the other end.....

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Damn Neil, with all you know now you should design your own and make a million.

Hey there was/is another company out there making indipendant EFI systems for our dogs and that is Pegasus. They had an EFI system on a new 04 Mastiff back in 04! Haven't heard from them in a while though.

NIce write-up,

:cheers: