Amsoil EAoM Filters -- Anyone running these?

Energy One

Black Dog

Anybody using these EAoM Amsoil synthetic oil filters? Just wanted to see how you liked them or what king of feedback you all have. Thanks

Black Dog

Just wanted to double check my part number cross. Do you know what my 04 Pitbull would take? 107 S&S.... EAOM137c?

Thanks for the info everyone!

mcgroom

I will double check but I am 90 percent sure that is the one.

Hit me up if you want info on the KP Engineering reuasable oil filter.

Just picked one up for a customer at the V-Twin Expo this weekend.

Mick

Black Dog

I am running an EAOM 137c on my 107ci S&S. I think it is the same filter actually....we'll see what feedback we get.

flightsafety

I always cut my filters and inspect after each oil change. The Amsoil filter has an extra backing screen for the paper element. The K&N is paper only but has more element and pletes. The custom chrome is similar to the K&N. I have not run the S&S filter. The Ea filters do a good job, but the reason for choosing a type is as S&S says is flow rate. I just had a lifter shell out running the Ea filter and have not determined if it was an oil related problem or the type of lifter used.

K9Anniv

Running them on the bikes and sell them.
mc - what's the correct Amsoil filter to use for a 117" engine running 20W50 synthetic Amsoil? I'm switching over soon from Redline and want to make sure I've got the right stuff.
Also, what's the Amsoil equivalent to Redline 'Shockproof' in the 6-speed tranny, as well as what Amsoil to run in the primary?
Thanks for your help! :cheers:

mcgroom

mc - what's the correct Amsoil filter to use for a 117" engine running 20W50 synthetic Amsoil? I'm switching over soon from Redline and want to make sure I've got the right stuff.
Also, what's the Amsoil equivalent to Redline 'Shockproof' in the 6-speed tranny, as well as what Amsoil to run in the primary?
Thanks for your help! :cheers:
EAOM137C for the filter.

20W-50 for the engine and the primary.

I have been happy with Redline so that is what I am running in my transmission. Amsoil offers 3 transmission options:

Most HD services if not all we just use the 20W-50 in all 3 holes as recommended.

K9Anniv

...Amsoil offers 3 transmission options:
..QUOTE]
Thanks man!:cheers:
What's the difference between the two Amsoil gear oils, and what are their applications?
I want to switch over 100% in all 3 compartments (not a big fan of mix & match with engine oils...although Redline 'Shockproof' will be hard to beat!).
Redline's getting very hard to find up here anymore, for some reason.

Mad Dog

ValueTeck Enterprises
I'm also an Amsoil Dealer and can tell you that either gear lube McGroom is suggesting work just fine for you. Guys go with this in the tranny cause it will quiet things down, give smoother shifts and has a better shear strength. (The shear strength is what gives better lubrication between 2 metal parts making contact causing things to wear less.) You can't beat Amsoil and McGroom will take good care of ya!:2thumbs: