Advertised 2-up seat for 06-08 K9, 07 Bulldog, 07-09 Mastiff

Joose3

I purchased a 2-up seat with gel recently for my 2006 K9 on ebay. The seller advertised it as fitting 2006 - 2008 K9, 2007 Bulldog and 2007 - 2009 Mastiff. Does anyone know if this is true? The driver part of the 2-up seat that I received is about 2.5 inches wider than the current 2-up that I have and the tab on the under side of the seat near the front is about 4.5 inches too far forward and the front tip is a little different. Is it possible to make this seat work or should I be returning it?

Jwooky

I thought thoes were all the same. Not 100% sure about the K9.

Curious, If you already had one, why did you by another one?

If it doesn't work out I may be interested in either one you have.

blacktopper

I purchased a 2-up seat with gel recently for my 2006 K9 on ebay. The seller advertised it as fitting 2006 - 2008 K9, 2007 Bulldog and 2007 - 2009 Mastiff. Does anyone know if this is true? The driver part of the 2-up seat that I received is about 2.5 inches wider than the current 2-up that I have and the tab on the under side of the seat near the front is about 4.5 inches too far forward and the front tip is a little different. Is it possible to make this seat work or should I be returning it?
If it is shaped to fit the frame and rear fender you could move the tab to the rear and possibly make it work. I had a chopper 2-up seat that I made work on my K9 by doing that

Joose3

The reason I bought the 2-up seat was because it has the gel pads in it, the current 2-up seat that I have been using does not. I'm trying to get a softer seat for the wife. I thought about drilling and tapping two new mounting holes to relocate the tab a little further rearward but I wasn't sure if the metal seat pan covered the entire under side of the seat.

pknowles

RETIRED
Supporting Member
Post a picture of both seats upside down side by side.might help figure out the problem

Joose3

Well, I was thinking very highly of sending my 2-up seat to seatmaker but then I would be without a seat and unable to ride so I thought I would just purchase one that alredy had the gel in it. As you can see... it didn't pay off for me. If I don't get this figured out then I'll probably end up sending seatmaker my seat to work on this winter.

seatmaker

Will be looking forward to it. Gel can be put in easily enough but would require a new cover as the current leather is glued to the pad. Typical turnaround is only about a week so don't worry about losing too much of your riding time.

Joose3

Seatmaker, would it be possible for you to modify the seat I just bought off eBay? I really like the stock 2-up seat, but don't know what to do with this one. One of the things I dislike most about it is that the widest part of the seat is about 2.5 inches wider than the stock 2-up seat. I can relocate (drilling & tapping new holes) the tab but didn't want to do anything to the seat before I really knew what all my options are. Let me know what you think. Thank you.

seatmaker

Seatmaker, would it be possible for you to modify the seat I just bought off eBay? I really like the stock 2-up seat, but don't know what to do with this one. One of the things I dislike most about it is that the widest part of the seat is about 2.5 inches wider than the stock 2-up seat. I can relocate (drilling & tapping new holes) the tab but didn't want to do anything to the seat before I really knew what all my options are. Let me know what you think. Thank you.
I'm not seeing any pictures for some reason, may be a setting. Can you send me pics and an idea of what you are looking to do to scottlynch@badassbikeseats.com. I'm sure something can be done. Will check my email in a bit

Thanks