Adding Driving Lights --> 2004 Bulldog

Energy One
Status
Not open for further replies.

chacha

Chaff Your EHC!!
Calendar Participant
So, I have to drive early in the morning with cagers that ain't awake. I notice the BMW guys are pretty damn noticable even if they're not wearing that "BMW Gay-Boy Lime Green" jumpsuit. They do have lights down low that makes them look different on the road.

I figured my bike is just one continuous project bike, so off I go to fab some lights.

I found a set of used 35 watt halogens with visors to match the rest of the lights on my bike. I have plenty of room in the chin airfoil even though I moved the horn in there last year.

I fabed a bracket and checked the spacing in a mock-up. I decided to mount the spin nuts to the new bracket and ride it on top (instead of under the existing mount as shown in the picture.)

Then off to make some holes for the lights to stick-out. Took lots of time to avoid cracks and get the holes right and leave some room for vibration.

I put a pig tail on the lights since you never know when you need to go back into the airfoil.

Then fabed a switch mount so I can turn them on when I want them. I though about tying them into the headlight circuit, but I've had problems there before. Besides, I don't trust the EHC to handle the extra 6-7 amps.

An in-line fuse and she's good to go. Here's the off and on look.

So far no problems and no vibration issues.

I suspect that now that the Dog looks too much like a Bimmer, the Jesters will make me ride at least 200 yards behind them. :roll:

slowrower

2007 Mastiff
Kinda does look like a BMW .. nice job! can't ever have enough lights or make enough noise to be safe with the 4-wheelers.:up:

Gas Man

Cool isn't cheap
Calendar Participant
Bro in law put on a set on his VTX. It does work great to make you stand out. he put his under his forward control floor boards. Lights up the road really well.

The "fourth" light in the middle is just a reflection off his front fender.

Thumper

Calendar Participant
:flag: Very nice. Are you sure you dont own one of those jump suits :moped:

rowdy13

anything to make you more visible. good job chacha. as Gas, the pic of the bike looks like a UFO with those lights! I think its a great idea.

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
That is a great job chacha. Like the way to intergrated then with the chin spoiler.

:cheers: :2thumbs: :cheers:

chacha

Chaff Your EHC!!
Calendar Participant
BorgerBigDog asked;

Chacha how are those lights holding up. I just talked with Night Train the other day about doing this with my bike?
They've held up great, but recommend using good bulbs--there is still a fair amount of vibration there. been so good, I'm keeping them in the rebuild as "landing lights" :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.