A Sailors Story

Energy One

stlmikie

I wish I had more money.
Yup. It's me again. Oh, it's about 1:30 in the morning. Just sittin here wishing I had something good to read.

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
Sorry guys, but I've been a bit bed ridden since last Thursday. A good buddy of mine (Sea Pup) had his "Commissioning" party at the local Horse & Cow sailor bar.

Seems I had a bit to much to drink or to many shots of "nuke waste". Somewhere during the nice coming home I fell and fractured/bruised a couple ribs among other things. You wouldn't believe how much they hurt! :angry:
Body get more fragile as you get older.

Just logging in off my laptop and all my stuff for the story is on the desktop but I'll get to it in a few days.

:cheers:

scubaman15

Sorry to hear ..... Two weeks ago a buddy was over the house ...had way too much and fell over hitting his head ..... was funny at the time but realized latter it could have been bad !!!! Hope you heal fast .....:eek:

Jazzy

Damn Ray, gotta be careful when your drinking with the young pups these days. I know what you mean though, ain't getting any younger myself. Couple months ago got all jacked up on rockstar and vodka, I was sick for 2 1/2 days. Couldn't eat or even think about eating anything.

twelve

Ray,
This is GREAT!! It would make a hell of a movie!!!! Thanks for sharing all of this.

John
:flag:

scubaman15

I as well as many hear wait for the next post and this one brought back memorys of kicking the old Hds to life ...many times getting kicked back and getting pissed off when it did not start.... Most times because of just a bit too much liquid bravery:lol: But it was because of the kick start that I got my first ride on a HD back in the late 70's when my girlfriends brothers friend who had a bit to much drink could not get his HD going after kicking and kicking ..I watched and waited I wanted to ride a "real" bike at that point have only rode Jap bikes ... well I told him if I start it for you I get to ride it ...he laughed at me ..I was and still a med sized guy at just 175lbs he being 200+and drinking ...well he agreed after trying for yet another few min ... I swung my leg over .. rolled the engine over to TDC reached over turned the kill switch to the on pos :lol: :lol: he had it off " got to love it" and gave it all I had ..the engine roared to life ...the look on his face was priceless ....and I gave him no time to change his mind I pulled the clutch in stomped the gear shift and rolled out ...with his mouth hanging in the open :roll: :roll: :roll: I rode for about 15mins but that was all I needed I had to have one and would ... Keep them coming Ray :cheers:

PurpleDog

What color would I pick for my new chopper? Would it be some more fancy graphics like it had before or maybe just a plain Jane color!!!!!!
Great segment Ray......:D

I'm gonna go with Black - plain, although you do like the flames on that guys 05 for sale that he don't really wanna sell - forget his name right now....:D hmm, when's the final answer call?

thanks for the stories...:cheers:

Last edited:

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
I as well as many hear wait for the next post and this one brought back memorys of kicking the old Hds to life ...many times getting kicked back and getting pissed off when it did not start.... Most times because of just a bit too much liquid bravery:lol: But it was because of the kick start that I got my first ride on a HD back in the late 70's when my girlfriends brothers friend who had a bit to much drink could not get his HD going after kicking and kicking ..I watched and waited I wanted to ride a "real" bike at that point have only rode Jap bikes ... well I told him if I start it for you I get to ride it ...he laughed at me ..I was and still a med sized guy at just 175lbs he being 200+and drinking ...well he agreed after trying for yet another few min ... I swung my leg over .. rolled the engine over to TDC reached over turned the kill switch to the on pos :lol: :lol: he had it off " got to love it" and gave it all I had ..the engine roared to life ...the look on his face was priceless ....and I gave him no time to change his mind I pulled the clutch in stomped the gear shift and rolled out ...with his mouth hanging in the open :roll: :roll: :roll: I rode for about 15mins but that was all I needed I had to have one and would ... Keep them coming Ray :cheers:
That's kool. :cheers: :2thumbs: :cheers:

lee

this is fascinating stuff Ray. Not only a great story but also told extremely well. In all seriousness you could and should write a book.

PurpleDog

:2thumbs: :flag:

hope to put some miles down with ya when you get back to the right coast this year Ray....:cheers:

C

chaingunner

Ray? Why did you and Shag loose contact? Seems you 2 were great friends. Ever attempt to look him up?

Great story! :2thumbs: