90 degree valve stems

Bowhunter

While replacing my 300 Cobra tire this week with the new Metzler tire I considered switching the original valve stem, which is less than a pleasure to access, with a 90 degree valve stem to make life easier when checking air pressure.
The local shop did have the angled stems in stock, but they did not have the correct size. Has anyone switched to the 90 degree valve stems? If so, is the correct hole size (.453" = 11.5mm?), any problem with the 90 degree stems? Would these be the correct size?

erldawg

Guru
90 degree stem may get in the way of polishing the wheel providing of course you do not have chrome wheels.

Bowhunter

I am still hoping that someone can give me the size I need for the '09 K9 wheels, I am surprised that this doesn't seem to be a popular upgrade to make life easier while keeping correct tire pressure.

shovelcowboy

Calendar Participant
I am still hoping that someone can give me the size I need for the '09 K9 wheels, I am surprised that this doesn't seem to be a popular upgrade to make life easier while keeping correct tire pressure.
Don't have the size but I would wonder if this stem weighs more and would complicate balance. Probably not significant but it is a thought.

Shovelcowboy