330 Ridgeback sissy bar install

Just installed a 12" sissy bar on my fathers ridgeback (which already had the struts) and had a difficult time finding out what bolts I needed for bolting the stanchions into the struts and the sissy bar into the stanchions. For anyone needing it the exact bolt is a 3/8 thread by 3/4 with an allen key head. You will need 6 of them and I got them at napa and the part number is X700-622. They are black bolts but once on the bike I don't notice them. Install is very easy of the sissy bar and stanchions and I just made sure to use a strong strength loctite and mark the bolts just to make it easy to see if they move. My father is very pleased with the result and so am I.Sissy bar 2.jpg

Just installed a 12" sissy bar on my fathers ridgeback (which already had the struts) and had a difficult time finding out what bolts I needed for bolting the stanchions into the struts and the sissy bar into the stanchions. For anyone needing it the exact bolt is a 3/8 thread by 3/4 with an allen key head. You will need 6 of them and I got them at napa and the part number is X700-622. They are black bolts but once on the bike I don't notice them. Install is very easy of the sissy bar and stanchions and I just made sure to use a strong strength loctite and mark the bolts just to make it easy to see if they move. My father is very pleased with the result and so am I.View attachment 60342
What grade bolt did you end up using?
I don’t know if I would use anything less than a grade 5 on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nukeranger

Nukeranger
Supporting Member
Sweet,

I love the color and the spike filter looks good. I'd remove the reflectors tho. The foot peg mounts are cool looking.

:chopper:

What grade bolt did you end up using?
I don’t know if I would use anything less than a grade 5 on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is a grade 8 bolt from what I have read on the specifications of it so it should be more than strong enough to hold everything together. Going to keep an eye on everything for the first couple rides and make sure nothing happens though.