2018 SW ride to the Gathering

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Sun’s up and Taos/Angelfire awaits us! Hope roadie1389 misses that rain passing through from Amarillo to Wichita today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I am sure he hit a little..we had a little in Dallas coming in from that direction from about 8am-12pm. It was just spitting for most of the AM but then the sky opened up when I was changing a wheel lug stud on the truck before I head up there!

Getting everything ready about to grab the uhaul and get it loaded but we've made some changes! My dad and I will most likely be riding all the way up there just probably switch off every 100 miles when we grab gas. I'd like to ride the whole damn thing but then he has no fun just driving the truck the 400+ miles.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

HMAN

I just like my Freedom
I am sure he hit a little..we had a little in Dallas coming in from that direction from about 8am-12pm. It was just spitting for most of the AM but then the sky opened up when I was changing a wheel lug stud on the truck before I head up there!

Getting everything ready about to grab the uhaul and get it loaded but we've made some changes! My dad and I will most likely be riding all the way up there just probably switch off every 100 miles when we grab gas. I'd like to ride the whole damn thing but then he has no fun just driving the truck the 400+ miles.

You two ride safe!

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Well we will post to this thread too!

Yesterday was a busy day getting ready for this event funny part is I got a trailer and I feel like this is all more work than just riding! Cause you can only bring a few things.

The K9 frame is loaded up and my ridgeback is ready to get DIRTY! Here's a pic cause it won't look like this nice when I get to KS!

Got some fun stuff to post here in a bit for a little adventure for all those arent gonna make it!

Nice pics! Hopefully we can do this ride sometime, and meet up. My longest ride is from ca to laughlin Nevada 5 1/2 hours. But I lived in Hawaii for 10 years so don’t hold it against me. If things go well maybe I can ride my sick ass ridgeback in next year .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigDogRick

Nice pics! Hopefully we can do this ride sometime, and meet up. My longest ride is from ca to laughlin Nevada 5 1/2 hours. But I lived in Hawaii for 10 years so don’t hold it against me. If things go well maybe I can ride my sick ass ridgeback in next year .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

BigDogRick

We woke up to rain this morning and watched as a window between cells blew through. Decided to take off in the window and made it to Witchita on 400 W. We turned right at 96 just as we hit the front of the next cell and avoided rain. As we came into Hutchinson we hit the lingering sprinkle. Gonna stop and grab some bfast at a truck stop and let it dry out (hopefully).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BigDogRick

Our plan was to get to Pueblo, CO tonight but we have stopped in Fowler (about 30 miles shy). We successfully threaded two wicked storm cells but got caught in the SE whip around of the larger cell to our North. Shear winds from the right with grit and gravel. We powered through, got to Fowler for fuel and looked dead at another one over Pueblo and coming our way. We holed up in the only hotel in town but are fortunate to have a metal carport to put the bikes under. Forecast for tomorrow is sunny and hot. We’ll take it.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Our plan was to get to Pueblo, CO tonight but we have stopped in Fowler (about 30 miles shy). We successfully threaded two wicked storm cells but got caught in the SE whip around of the larger cell to our North. Shear winds from the right with grit and gravel. We powered through, got to Fowler for fuel and looked dead at another one over Pueblo and coming our way. We holed up in the only hotel in town but are fortunate to have a metal carport to put the bikes under. Forecast for tomorrow is sunny and hot. We’ll take it.

Nice job you two! Living the dream! It was 97 degrees when we got back in Dallas so warm weather awaits you in Phoenix!

Safe travels! And it was great to see you two again! Until next time!

Last edited:

roadie1389

Our trip back was not so fun. Decided to sissy out and trailer the bikes home. We did hit rain on and off but made it back home. The bikes are dirty as a sweaty whore. Will take few days to clean them up. The trip was fun and we will have to do it again. So we started with rain and ended with rain. Everything else in the middle was great.

There should have been a "Farthest Out of the Way to get to KS" award :).

upload_2018-6-24_21-53-24.png

Me and buddy Gene headed out to meet Rick on OK. We blasted out of DFW via US380. Its a suck road with all the traffic but once we got out of Decatur it was a ok. We hit rain right after first fuel stop, for 5 mins. Hit Seymour right before we started to head to Crowell, Tx.

Had lunch in Crowell at Tater's Cafe. Dang good burger. At this point we hit rain 2 times. The shinny bike was no longer shinny!

Time to hit the canyons. Clear sky with cool air. It was a fantastic ride.

This was the last photo until we hit Lake Mackenzie.

Then it was more of the canyons then flat roads until Claude, TX. WE decided to bypass Amarillo and head north on TX-207. Great ride with rolling hills and nice sweeping curves. Missed a turn onto 136. TX207 turned into a county road. It sucked. but still made it up to Guymon. Stopped in Guymon with Rick for the night.

Attachments