2018 SW ride to the Gathering

BigDogRick

4 weeks....
Hey, Eric,
I just did some checking out of the towns in that three state corner and it looks to me like Liberal, KS is the best bet for a nice night on the road. The towns around Rita Blanca Grasslands register populations like 96! There's a Hampton Inn and Billy's Blue Duck BBQ on the north end of town. It would also save you having to go west through Amarillo - stay north on 70 through Antelope Flats.

BigDogRick

OK all you California, Arizona, and New Mexico pussies: Eric (roadie1389) is riding NW from Wylie to meet Celeste and I in beautiful downtown Guymon OK with a riding buddy. He will cruise through the Palo Duro Canyon area on his way north and Celeste and I will come over the mountain range from Taos and Angel Fire NM on Wednesday June 20 and meeting up at the luxurious Colonial Inn in the Rita Blanca National Grasslands area on Wed night. C'mon get your bike road worthy.

roadie1389

Hopefully will be a fun ride. If you are in the DFW area by Weds morning KSU @7:30 you are more than welcome to join. I am still tweaking the route but we will head out around Lake Ray Hubbard toward Sanger then Wichita Falls then out to Palo Duro

upload_2018-6-4_13-37-39.png

roadie1389

Less than 2 weeks.... Not as scenic as Rick's trip but we will head out around Lake Ray Roberts, through some flat curvy roads into the canyon area. Taking TC 256/207 will be a really nice ride then on up to Guymon. Decided to skip Wichita Falls as that ride sucks anyway. KSU 7:30AM.

upload_2018-6-6_19-14-42.png

SKOGDOG

One of the old ones.
When will you guys be in Guymon? Maybe Th the 21st? I assume it you're planning to arrive at Flint Oaks Friday?

Last edited:

BigDogRick

When will you guys be in Guymon? Maybe Th the 21st? I assume it you're planning to arrive at Flint Oaks Friday?
We will be at the Budget Inn the night of the 20th. Depart 21st. Half day to Flint Oaks. Thinking of meeting us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SKOGDOG

One of the old ones.
Yes--we'll ,meet you there on Wednesday. We have reservations at the Simple Rewards (old Super 8) there on the 20th. It's only some over 400 miles for us to get to Guymon, and we can ride into Flint Oaks with you guys. We'll leave early and get there in the afternoon.

BigDogRick

Yes--we'll ,meet you there on Wednesday. We have reservations at the Simple Rewards (old Super 8) there on the 20th. It's only some over 400 miles for us to get to Guymon, and we can ride into Flint Oaks with you guys. We'll leave early and get there in the afternoon.
Fantastic! Got your PM, also.

roadie1389

I've got this stupid "I'm so excited" song in my head. Got the front wheel bearings replaced last night. Now need to get the rest of the frontend back together and get a couple rides in this weekend.

roadie1389

4 days -

Oil changed - Check
Trans fluid changed - Check
Primary fluid changed - Check
Fork seals/bushings replaced - Check
New front wheel bearings and seals - Check
Bike waxed - Check
Alu polished - Check
Headlight fixed - Check

francoblay1

The Spaniard
I am a California pussy! Looks like I may be in Spain around this time

@francoblay1 you around in July ?
May be traveling through Rota soon
Leaving towards Libya this Monday, 6 weeks On, If everything goes as scheduled I will be back at home on July 31st... then 6 weeks R&R ..... I hope you r in Rota for August too!!! I will ride down to Rota to see you!!!! Pussy!!!! :whoop::whoop::whoop:

Keep me posted, you know my e-Mail addy. (If not, PM me, I get the PMs from here in my e-Mail)

:chopper::cheers:

Leaving towards Libya this Monday, 6 weeks On, If everything goes as scheduled I will be back at home on July 31st... then 6 weeks R&R ..... I hope you in Rota for August too!!! I will ride down to Rota to see you!!!! Pussy!!!! :whoop::whoop::whoop:

Keep me posted, you know my e-Mail addy. (If not, PM me, I get the PM from here in my e-Mail)

:chopper::cheers:
Will do it looks like July, we have a few stops around the globe. Won’t post days but will pm you with the time in Spain once I know. Hope to meet up and I promise we will both be hungover !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk