2000 ProSport, What is a good Pipe for this bike?

Energy One

PopDog

Looking to buy new pipes, Does anyone have any suggestions on pipes for a 2000 Big Dog Prosport? I can't seam to find them for this bike, What kind of Harley does this bike cross with? I want them louder than the stock Hooker that came on this bike. Thanks Guys.

Raywood

The Pirate
Staff member
Calendar Participant
Troop Supporter
popdog, unless I'm wrong you have about any option available for any HD softail. That about opens the door for you. May have to modify the mount a little but you have lots of options as I see it.

Good luck,
Ray

:flag:

dogvet

Banned
Looking to buy new pipes, Does anyone have any suggestions on pipes for a 2000 Big Dog Prosport? I can't seam to find them for this bike, What kind of Harley does this bike cross with? I want them louder than the stock Hooker that came on this bike. Thanks Guys.
Typically, the Prosport and early 90's FXR will fit up the same. there may be exhaust mount differences, but the pipes themselves should bolt right on.

What pipes do you have on it now? If you still have the stock Hooker 2 into ones on it, I'd be interested in taking them off of your hands! I use the header pipe for the exhaust on my bike!

mcgroom

Typically, the Prosport and early 90's FXR will fit up the same. there may be exhaust mount differences, but the pipes themselves should bolt right on.

What pipes do you have on it now? If you still have the stock Hooker 2 into ones on it, I'd be interested in taking them off of your hands! I use the header pipe for the exhaust on my bike!
Agreed on the Dyna / FXR advice. When I started looking into this last year I had several aftermarket companies tell me it was the same as a softail set up.

I bought a couple set of pipes on ebay to see what direction I wanted to go with things and neither of them worked.

It is my understanding at this point that those of us that own Prosports should be looking at exhaust systems that match up to the Dyna.

Glad to see another Ohio Dog with a Prosport.

PopDog

Advise

Hey Thanks guys for the advise, Dogvet I will keep you in mind when and after I get my new pipes, The pipe I have now is Hooker 2 into 1- you are correct. I will let you know. Man this site is great, Help me right out! Thanks again and have a good one!
Popdog

2000VintageSport

I have a 2000 Vintage Sport that came with the same Hooker pipe...I wanted something LOUD. I put the Samson Street Sweepers on my baby and it screams. It is kinda too loud for many...my ears have definitely suffered with these pipes. :)

dogvet

Banned
Too bad that loud doesn't equal performance! My farts are loud, but nobody is impressed by them!:D

badmedicine

grandeur cycle makes one that will fit it it will fit any bike called a lake pipe
it's LOUD the people that live near you will hate your guts i have one
in the black and chrome looks good not a bad price at $599 in a ceramic
coated pipe with the heat shields and shipping. i leave for work a 3:00 am
it's hard to be kind.