10 years

Energy One
10 years down.

I'm sitting here and thinking about what that means to me and Big Dog Biker. That's a long time, and Big Dog Biker really started in 2006 with Hot Rod Biker. The BDOG was in a death spiral do to the owner letting it die a slow death. @Raywood was helping me with Hot Rod Biker and invited the masses over, and HRB quickly became the BDM gathering spot.

I remember polling the BDM owners about a spin off sister site and the response was an overwhelming YES! It took a few months to get everything sorted out and up and running... then it became official! Big Dog Biker went live and the rest is history.

We all have helped countless Big Dog owners repair their own bikes. Truth be told, we've helped a number of professional mechanics repair Big Dogs!

We've got a great membership going on here. We've had big gatherings all around the world, since we are a true international community.We've had huge group rides, my most memorable was our Big Dog Biker group ride in Sturgis in 2010 that @Dakotabos put together. And we have the rides that @mastiffdave puts together at the BBBBQ rally in Arkansas. Now we have our 10 year party that @Biker Babe and @Mr. Wright are organizing, which should be a blast.

We've gone through different hosting companies, different forum software, different looks. The staff has received threats of physical violence up to, and including, death threats. I've had the Secret Service show up to my home and faced a federal subpoena due to a stupid political post (hence the no politics rule). We've watch a few former members self destruct right in front of us. Crazy stuff has happened here.

Despite a few negative periods in our history, I wouldn't change a thing. We just have amazing members that bring so much to the Big Dog Biker community and all of you make Big Dog Biker a real, no-shit, community.

People like to thank me but all I've done is create a place for everyone to share and meet. The people that should be thank over and over are the moderators here, @Raywood @Dakotabos @LDO @KnotSo @woodbutcher @Biker Babe.

But the bottom line will always be all of you. Members stepping up to help out and share information. Stepping in to help get a Big Dog back on the road, organizing get togethers and rides. And just hanging out here, swapping stories, sharing advice outside of Big Dogs and motorcycles... just being good damn people.

Thank you for 10 years of sharing and growing Big Dog Biker.

View media item 9401

Comments

To Tim and all the other good ghosts of BDB Forum:
My english is not so good but hope its to understand.
In ten Years BDB Forum rises up to a really fine in my thinking the best forum I even saw.
Thousand thanks to you and the other good ghosts for your time and the excellent work.
Big Dog Biker Forum is very well done - It´s the Hammer.
See the event in June for a chance to meet together - for build and consolidate friendship.
Maybe we all are different - Our Bikes and this Forum interconnect us - far distances shrinking - Its great.

Thanks for a great site ! I visit and contribute just about daily more than any other online spot. People here are my kinda family thanks again for putting up with me.
Definetly would like to see more members drop 20 bucks a year to help keep it rolling

August 2012 My Wife and I went to Sturgis, 1st time and on our Harley. Sitting around up there watching nothing but an ass load of Harleys here came a chopper. It stuck out like a sore thumb and I looked at her and said "we are buying one of those". Im born and bred in Kansas and knew of BDM and I had to go no other way. We got home from Sturgis, I knew BDM was done but had to have one. Went online, found BDB and all the wealth of knowledge here and pulled the trigger on a K9 because of all of you guys, I knew id be fine. I sold that bike January 2013 and regretted it until May 2013 when I bought my 07 K9 I have now. Ive inquired on here for help and received it on numerous occasions and Thank You!!!! I am a Supporting Member, always will be...

I was there with you guys!!!
10 years down.

I'm sitting here and thinking about what that means to me and Big Dog Biker. That's a long time, and Big Dog Biker really started in 2006 with Hot Rod Biker. The BDOG was in a death spiral do to the owner letting it die a slow death. @Raywood was helping me with Hot Rod Biker and invited the masses over, and HRB quickly became the BDM gathering spot.

I remember polling the BDM owners about a spin off sister site and the response was an overwhelming YES! It took a few months to get everything sorted out and up and running... then it became official! Big Dog Biker went live and the rest is history.

We all have helped countless Big Dog owners repair their own bikes. Truth be told, we've helped a number of professional mechanics repair Big Dogs!

We've got a great membership going on here. We've had big gatherings all around the world, since we are a true international community.We've had huge group rides, my most memorable was our Big Dog Biker group ride in Sturgis in 2010 that @Dakotabos put together. And we have the rides that @mastiffdave puts together at the BBBBQ rally in Arkansas. Now we have our 10 year party that @Biker Babe and @Mr. Wright are organizing, which should be a blast.

We've gone through different hosting companies, different forum software, different looks. The staff has received threats of physical violence up to, and including, death threats. I've had the Secret Service show up to my home and faced a federal subpoena due to a stupid political post (hence the no politics rule). We've watch a few former members self destruct right in front of us. Crazy stuff has happened here.

Despite a few negative periods in our history, I wouldn't change a thing. We just have amazing members that bring so much to the Big Dog Biker community and all of you make Big Dog Biker a real, no-shit, community.

People like to thank me but all I've done is create a place for everyone to share and meet. The people that should be thank over and over are the moderators here, @Raywood @Dakotabos @LDO @KnotSo @woodbutcher @Biker Babe.

But the bottom line will always be all of you. Members stepping up to help out and share information. Stepping in to help get a Big Dog back on the road, organizing get togethers and rides. And just hanging out here, swapping stories, sharing advice outside of Big Dogs and motorcycles... just being good damn people.

Thank you for 10 years of sharing and growing Big Dog Biker.

View media item 9401

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny B