04 Chopper

Energy One

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
Anyone have a manual for an 04 Chopper that can look this up for me.
I went back and check out the Chopper again, it's to good of a deal to pass up. He called me this morning and said it fired right up, after charging all night. When I got there, I still couldn't get it started. When I turn the key on, the EHC lights up with the green and yellow lights, like it's suppose to. When I push the run button, this red light comes on, along with the red light on the ignition module. I need to know what the red light is indicating. I can't find it anywhere. I'm really thinking it needs fresh gas and the carb rebuilt, and it will run, but I don't know what that one red light is for.
20170820_123137_resized.jpg

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
That's not an 04 EHC someone made the adapter to fit the 05, think it was a recall. That gold EHC was 2005 and two ports.

04 only one for of lights and one connection.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
That's not an 04 EHC someone made the adapter to fit the 05, think it was a recall. That gold EHC was 2005 and two ports.

04 only one for of lights and one connection.

Yea that's the only diagram I could find. The question I still need answered is, is that an ignition is activated light or a ignition has a fault light. The red light on the ignition module lights up when I push run, but goes out when cranking. But this can also be caused by the battery not being fully charged. He started it several times before I got there, and the battery was low when I tried. Had to put a charger on it.
I really don't think I have a big problem here, just bad battery and maybe some bad gas. It fired right up the first time I started it, and it starts for him after charging all night. Just trying to get my ducks lined up once I go get it.

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
Maybe it would've been a good idea to take a trailer the first time since it was such a good deal.
The man said it ran good and he had been riding it around. He was only 465 miles from me. Saw no reason for a trailer. If I had broke down on the way home, I had buddies on stand by, if I needed them to bring the trailer.

Th3InfamousI

Administrator
Staff member
Yea that's the only diagram I could find. The question I still need answered is, is that an ignition is activated light or a ignition has a fault light. The red light on the ignition module lights up when I push run, but goes out when cranking. But this can also be caused by the battery not being fully charged. He started it several times before I got there, and the battery was low when I tried. Had to put a charger on it.
I really don't think I have a big problem here, just bad battery and maybe some bad gas. It fired right up the first time I started it, and it starts for him after charging all night. Just trying to get my ducks lined up once I go get it.
I'm with ya...i actually think it's just the battery.

On the ignition module for the 04 it should blink when starter is engaged.

I cant see in the 05 manual if that light is a fault light or power on, I'd assume it's the same in 2008 which clearly states it illuminates when run is pressed and should go out or blink when starting.

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
Well she's home and on the table. Stuck a new battery in her, and she fired right up. Rode down the road and back, and she died. Odiously sounded like fuel. Got a flash light and looked in the tank, and yes the liner is coming off in sheets.
Guess I'll start polishing while I'm waiting on a liner kit and tires.
My 03 Chopper is named Mi Amor, this one I believe is going to be Virago
20170826_201314.jpg
20170826_201337.jpg

jor43387

Is that preset obvious when you looked at that liner. Or do you need to be looking for floating junk??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Wright

Knows some things
Supporting Member
Is that preset obvious when you looked at that liner. Or do you need to be looking for floating junk??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This was obvious, but alot or the time you have to pull the petcock, to see if there is junk on the screen.